Job Vacancy - Mechanic/Auto Electrician
Vacancy:Vehicle Mechanic/Auto Electrician
McElmeel Mobility Services are a Market Leader in the adaptation, conversion and supply of vehicles for disabled drivers and passengers. Based three miles outside the City of Armagh, we supply converted and adapted vehicles across Ireland and the UK. Established in 1950 and the oldest convertor in our industry, McElmeel Mobility is a third generation Family run business, built upon our core values of innovation and excellent customer service.
The vehicle mechanic/auto electrician will be required to service and maintain hire fleet, prepare vehicles for MOT. Work with wiring and electrics for converted or adapted vehicles and inspect and test drive vehicles that have been adapted.
- Servicing and maintaining hire fleet.
- Adjust controls and systems.
- Prep vehicles for MOT.
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- 3+ years relevant experience.
- Has the skills to find solutions in challenging situations.
- Own your own tools.
- A great work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent time keeping.
- Pride in quality workmanship.
- Initiative to work alone as well as successfully within a team.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to embrace change.
- Ability to follow instructions and execute effectively.
- A full driving licence is essential.
Please contact McElmeel Mobility Services Ltd for an application form on 02837 525333 or email your CV to
- 07/01/2019 Job Vacancy - Mechanic/Auto Electrician
- 14/12/2018 McElmeel 2019 Pocket Calendar
- 13/12/2018 Job Vacancy - Vehicle Trimmer/Fitter
- 07/12/2018 Job Vacancy - Assistant Stores Person
- 06/12/2018 Job Vacancy - Marketing Executive
- 10/11/2018 Christmas Hire Information & Opening Times
- 08/11/2018 Kidz to Adultz North, Event City, Manchester, today 08/11/18
- 16/10/2018 JOB VACANCIES
- 16/10/2018 Full Time Job Vacancy - Office Administrator
- 11/10/2018 McElmeel Mobility at Kidz to Adultz North on Thursday 8th November
- 24/09/2018 Job Vacancy - Design Engineer
- 03/09/2018 McElmeel Mobility at the Motability One Big Day Event, East of England Arena, Peterborough, 8th September 2018
- 18/08/2018 McElmeel Mobility Roadshow 2018
- 08/08/2018 McElmeel Mobility at the Motability One Big Event, Yorkshire Event Centre, Harrogate, 10th August 2018
- 01/08/2018 McElmeel Mobility at the Motability Big Event, Westpoint Arena, Exeter 28th July
- 19/07/2018 Job Vacancy - Vehicle Trimmer/Fitter
- 19/07/2018 JOB VACANCIES
- 18/07/2018 Motability One Big Day Event, Exeter 28th July
- 06/07/2018 McElmeel Mobility at the Motability Big Event, NEC Birmingham 6th-7th July
- 19/06/2018 Motability Big Event, NEC, Birmingham 6th-7th July
- 01/06/2018 The Motability Big Event 1st-2nd June
- 23/05/2018 JOB VACANCIES
- 22/05/2018 Design Engineer Apprenticeship
- 22/05/2018 Vacancy - Office Administrator
- 21/05/2018 The Big Event 1st-2nd June
- 17/05/2018 Vivaro Crew Cab
- 16/05/2018 Bentley with Hand Controls
- 08/05/2018 McElmeel Mobility at Balmoral Show 2018
- 30/04/2018 Quality Control Officer Required
- 26/04/2018 McElmeel Mobility Services at Naidex
- 24/04/2018 Vacancy - Welder/Fabricator
- 24/04/2018 Vacancy - Vehicle Mechanic/Adaptation Fitter
- 21/04/2018 McElmeel Mobility exhibiting at the Naidex Exhibition 25-26 April 2018
- 12/04/2018 We are recruiting a Welder/Fabricator and Vehicle Mechanic/Adaptation Fitter
- 11/04/2018 McElmeel Mobility - Naidex Exhibition 25-26 April 2018
- 06/04/2018 Now Hiring UK/Ireland Sales Person
- 30/03/2018 Easter Closing Hours
- 22/03/2018 Vauxhall Vivaro Crew Cab with lots of extras
- 09/02/2018 WAV 2018 - Wheelchair Taxi Grant Launches in the Republic of Ireland
- 01/02/2018 Vauxhall Vivaro Taxi Conversion Available now for just £19,750.00 +VAT
- 05/12/2017 Christmas Hire Information and Opening Hours
- 18/11/2017 Ford Grand Tourneo Connect Flexi - 5 plus wheelchair
- 02/11/2017 Brand New Mercedes Wheelchair Accessible Minibuses - Available Immediately.
- 26/10/2017 The Demise and Death of the Volunteer Driver.
- 11/10/2017 9 Seat Wheelchair Accessible Taxi
- 06/10/2017 NI Chamber Award for "Excellence in Customer Service"
- 29/09/2017 Running Boards and Side Steps on a taxi
- 08/06/2017 McElmeel Mobility Services – closer to you
- 20/04/2017 LOWEST MOTABILITY Advanced Payment on the Volkswagen Caddy Maxi Style - £1,995*
- 19/04/2017 LOWEST MOTABILITY Advanced Payment Berlingo in the Motability Scheme - £1,095*
- 14/04/2017 European Type Approved - Ford Connect 'Taxi' Spec
- 03/04/2017 WAV 17 Wheelchair accessible grant is now live
- 30/03/2017 WAV17 launches next Monday - April 3rd.
- 27/03/2017 A new Wheelchair Accessible Taxi in Belfast
- 10/03/2017 Wheelchair Accessible Taxi Conversion - OPEN DAY - 15th March
- 10/03/2017 McElmeels Wheelchair Accessible Taxi Conversion
- 30/07/2015 Say yes to Guide Dogs - It's the LAW
- 13/02/2017 WAV17 launches in April 2017
- 16/11/2016 MiDAS Trainers in McElmeels
- 04/11/2016 Willowbank Wheelchair Accessible Minibus Handover
- 14/10/2016 Get a sneak peak of McElmeel Mobility's new NI compliant Wheelchair Accesible Taxi!!
- 07/10/2016 Award winning customer service is something to celebrate.
- 23/09/2016 Mobility Roadshow 2016
- 19/09/2016 NI CHAMBER WINNERS "EXCELLENCE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE" 2016
- 18/05/2016 Wheelchair Accessible Taxi Conversion for less than the €10,000 WAV16 grant.
- 30/04/2016 Does your WAV have a winch?
- 28/04/2016 G9 Guide - WAV16
- 18/04/2016 Transfer Plate
- 15/04/2016 WAV 16 - Wheelchair Accessible Taxi Grants Ireland
- 15/04/2016 Why does the Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle Grant exist?
- 15/04/2016 How long is the Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle Grant available for?
- 15/04/2016 How do I apply for a Wheelchair Accessible Taxi grant?
- 15/04/2016 Under what circumstances would I have to repay the Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle Grant?
- 06/04/2016 For Sale - 15 Seat Wheelchair Accessible Minibus
- 05/04/2016 NSAI Approved for Conversion
- 30/07/2015 What Owning a Drive from Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle Could Mean for You
- 20/07/2015 A unique invention has transformed a County Down teenager’s life: Allowing him to take part in running events, even though he can’t walk