The Demise and Death of the Volunteer Driver.
Community Transport, Football and other Sports Clubs, Church Groups, Extra Curricular Activity Groups, School Teams, Nurseries, Registered Charities, After School Clubs, Youth Clubs, Rural Community Groups, Residential homes;
……………from the 1st of November, volunteer driving in Northern Ireland will change forever.
Almost every person in Northern Ireland has been, or knows someone who has been driven to an activity or appointment by a volunteer driver and these days are coming to an end. The lack of a functioning government in Northern Ireland has led directly to the implementation of legislation which puts the present system on its head.
Despite repeated requests for justification, clarification or alternative propositions, from next Wednesday, Volunteer Minibus Drivers will be required to have a D1 test, CPC, Drivers card and use a tachograph. At a cost of over £1000 and the need to take a week to get these requirements, very few people have the resources to invest, to be a volunteer. It is hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.
Community Transport groups who provide a much needed service to people who, for many reasons, can’t use standard transport routes, will no longer be able to provide these services. Without being dramatic, the death of the volunteer driver and the permit system is also very likely to lead to the death of some of those amongst us who are most at need and most vulnerable.
We ask you to look at everyone you know and think about how they will be affected if there are no more volunteer drivers and then support the campaign to save volunteer drivers and community transport. Please visit https://www.saveourcommunitytransport.com to find out how together we can make our voice heard to stop the destruction of this fundamental cornerstone of our community.
- 08/08/2018 McElmeel Mobility at the Motability One Big Event, Yorkshire Event Centre, Harrogate, 10th August 2018
- 01/08/2018 McElmeel Mobility at the Motability Big Event, Westpoint Arena, Exeter 28th July
- 19/07/2018 Job Vacancy - Vehicle Trimmer/Fitter
- 19/07/2018 JOB VACANCIES
- 18/07/2018 Motability One Big Day Event, Exeter 28th July
- 06/07/2018 McElmeel Mobility at the Motability Big Event, NEC Birmingham 6th-7th July
- 19/06/2018 Motability Big Event, NEC, Birmingham 6th-7th July
- 01/06/2018 The Motability Big Event 1st-2nd June
- 23/05/2018 JOB VACANCIES
- 22/05/2018 Design Engineer Apprenticeship
- 22/05/2018 Vacancy - Office Administrator
- 21/05/2018 The Big Event 1st-2nd June
- 17/05/2018 Vivaro Crew Cab
- 16/05/2018 Bentley with Hand Controls
- 08/05/2018 McElmeel Mobility at Balmoral Show 2018
- 30/04/2018 Quality Control Officer Required
- 26/04/2018 McElmeel Mobility Services at Naidex
- 24/04/2018 Vacancy - Welder/Fabricator
- 24/04/2018 Vacancy - Vehicle Mechanic/Adaptation Fitter
- 21/04/2018 McElmeel Mobility exhibiting at the Naidex Exhibition 25-26 April 2018
- 12/04/2018 We are recruiting a Welder/Fabricator and Vehicle Mechanic/Adaptation Fitter
- 11/04/2018 McElmeel Mobility - Naidex Exhibition 25-26 April 2018
- 06/04/2018 Now Hiring UK/Ireland Sales Person
- 30/03/2018 Easter Closing Hours
- 22/03/2018 Vauxhall Vivaro Crew Cab with lots of extras
- 09/02/2018 WAV 2018 - Wheelchair Taxi Grant Launches in the Republic of Ireland
- 01/02/2018 Vauxhall Vivaro Taxi Conversion Available now for just £19,750.00 +VAT
- 05/12/2017 Christmas Hire Information and Opening Hours
- 18/11/2017 Ford Grand Tourneo Connect Flexi - 5 plus wheelchair
- 02/11/2017 Brand New Mercedes Wheelchair Accessible Minibuses - Available Immediately.
- 26/10/2017 The Demise and Death of the Volunteer Driver.
- 11/10/2017 9 Seat Wheelchair Accessible Taxi
- 06/10/2017 NI Chamber Award for "Excellence in Customer Service"
- 29/09/2017 Running Boards and Side Steps on a taxi
- 08/06/2017 McElmeel Mobility Services – closer to you
- 20/04/2017 LOWEST MOTABILITY Advanced Payment on the Volkswagen Caddy Maxi Style - £1,995*
- 19/04/2017 LOWEST MOTABILITY Advanced Payment Berlingo in the Motability Scheme - £1,095*
- 14/04/2017 European Type Approved - Ford Connect 'Taxi' Spec
- 03/04/2017 WAV 17 Wheelchair accessible grant is now live
- 30/03/2017 WAV17 launches next Monday - April 3rd.
- 27/03/2017 A new Wheelchair Accessible Taxi in Belfast
- 10/03/2017 Wheelchair Accessible Taxi Conversion - OPEN DAY - 15th March
- 10/03/2017 McElmeels Wheelchair Accessible Taxi Conversion
- 30/07/2015 Say yes to Guide Dogs - It's the LAW
- 13/02/2017 WAV17 launches in April 2017
- 16/11/2016 MiDAS Trainers in McElmeels
- 04/11/2016 Willowbank Wheelchair Accessible Minibus Handover
- 14/10/2016 Get a sneak peak of McElmeel Mobility's new NI compliant Wheelchair Accesible Taxi!!
- 07/10/2016 Award winning customer service is something to celebrate.
- 23/09/2016 Mobility Roadshow 2016
- 19/09/2016 NI CHAMBER WINNERS "EXCELLENCE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE" 2016
- 18/05/2016 Wheelchair Accessible Taxi Conversion for less than the €10,000 WAV16 grant.
- 30/04/2016 Does your WAV have a winch?
- 28/04/2016 G9 Guide - WAV16
- 18/04/2016 Transfer Plate
- 15/04/2016 WAV 16 - Wheelchair Accessible Taxi Grants Ireland
- 15/04/2016 Why does the Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle Grant exist?
- 15/04/2016 How long is the Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle Grant available for?
- 15/04/2016 How do I apply for a Wheelchair Accessible Taxi grant?
- 15/04/2016 Under what circumstances would I have to repay the Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle Grant?
- 06/04/2016 For Sale - 15 Seat Wheelchair Accessible Minibus
- 05/04/2016 NSAI Approved for Conversion
- 30/07/2015 What Owning a Drive from Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle Could Mean for You
- 20/07/2015 A unique invention has transformed a County Down teenager’s life: Allowing him to take part in running events, even though he can’t walk